About Ideal World
Ideal Shopping Direct Plc launched into the TV shopping market in 2000, and owns two TV home shopping channels: Ideal World and Create and Craft.
Ideal World home shopping avoids in-store queuing and the inconvenience of carrying heavy shopping items home. It really is the clever way to shop. A team of 14 presenters reflect the channel's motto: Family, Friendship and Fun!
With all channels operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, make sure you're tuned-in to take advantage of our fantastic offers.
To find out more about Ideal World, please visit our corporate website: www.idealshoppingdirect.tv
Back to Top
The business, now operated by Ideal Shopping Direct Plc., has been in existence for more than 25 years. Highlights in our history are set out below:
Back to Top
- Business founded by Paul Wright and Val Kaye. Products sold by mail order through adverts in the national press and consumer exhibitions, in particular at the Daily Mail Ideal Home Exhibition.
- Joint venture formed with the Daily Mail Group to launch a unique mail order catalogue distribution business, linked to the Ideal Home Exhibition. Business moved to Peterborough and call centre opened.
- Decision taken to launch TV home shopping channel, to take advantage of increasing carriage opportunities from digital broadcasting. Land purchased in Peterborough and a purpose-built property designed to incorporate offices, warehouse, call centre, TV studio and broadcast facilities. Company name changed to Ideal Shopping Direct.
- February - successfully floated on the Alternative Investment Market.
- 17 April – 'Ideal World' channel successfully launched on digital satellite, broadcasting 24 hours a day.
- 6 March – Peterborough facility destroyed by fire. 'Ideal World' back on air within weeks, operating from temporary facilities. Customers remained loyal and sales recovered.
- July – 'Ideal World' launched on NTL Digital cable network (now Virgin Media).
- September – Rebuilt facility in Peterborough fully operational.
- January – 'Goldshield Vitality' channel launched on digital satellite through joint venture with Goldshield Plc.
- 18 April – 'Create and Craft' channel launched on digital satellite, the first 24 hour channel dedicated to crafting.
- 23 August – Create and Craft website launched allowing consumers to buy and view the channel online.
- 1 July – 'Jewellery Vault' channel launched on digital satellite.
- 18 September – Andrew Fryatt appointed Chief Executive Officer, Paul Wright became executive Deputy Chairman.
- 1 June – Superstore TV Limited acquired.
- 12 June – Susan Ellis appointed non-executive Director.
- 16 July – 'Jewellery Vault' channel closed.
- 4 September – contract giving access to Freeview for 'Ideal World' extended to 2018.
- 26 January - Ideal World launched on Telewest cable (now part of Virgin Media)
- 3rd November - Ideal World Outlet Store opens in Peterborough.
- 26 March - Ideal World broadcasts live from the USA with great new products
- June - Ideal World launch new website