Product Replacement Plan Terms & Conditions
Accidents happen, yet that statement won’t protect your iPod from a cycle round the washing machine, nor will it replace the tablet your toddler just smashed.
When warranty runs out and a favourite appliance breaks down, life can become very inconvenient and additional cover can easily solve the problem.
If your equipment suffers a mechanical or electrical breakdown, outside of the manufacturer’s guarantee period you can call Domestic & General (D&G) for help. They will provide you with advice on how to get your equipment working, and at their discretion they may decide to replace or pay the cost of replacing your equipment.
Please note: Each case is subject to Domestic and Generals terms and conditions.
For most smaller electrical products
- If a replacement is approved, Domestic & General (D&G) may replace your equipment with new equipment of the same or make and specification, if they decide not to repair it.
- If they cannot reasonably arrange a replacement, they may decide to pay you a contribution towards the cost of the new equipment. Usually this will be vouchers redeemable from a retailer chosen by Domestic & General (D&G). They will base this contribution on the price they would normally obtain directly from our chosen supplier.
- When your equipment has been replaced under condition 1 or 2 above, your plan will end immediately.
- When your equipment has been replaced you will be responsible for disposing of the original equipment at your own cost if it remains in your possession.
- You must also pay for the supplier’s delivery and/or installation charges, and for any outstanding plan fee installments.
Product Maintenance Prices
|Low Risk 1+2 Plan 1
|Low Risk 1+2 Plan 2
|Low Risk 1+2 Plan 3
|Low Risk 1 + 2 Plan 4
|Low Risk 1 + 2 Plan 5
|Low Risk 1 + 2 Plan 6
|Low Risk 2 + 1 Plan 1
|Low Risk 2 + 1 Plan 2
|Low Risk 2 +1 Plan 3
|Low Risk 2 + 1 Plan 4
|Low Risk 2 +1 Plan 5
|Low Risk 2 +1 Plan 6
|High Risk 1+2 Plan 1
|High Risk 1+2 Plan 2
|High Risk 1+2 Plan 3
|High Risk 1+2 Plan 4
|High Risk 1+2 Plan 5
|High Risk 1+2 Plan 6
|High Risk 2+1 Plan 1
|High Risk 2+1 Plan 2
|High Risk 2+1 Plan 3
|High Risk 2+1 Plan 4
|High Risk 2+1 Plan 5
|High Risk 2+1 Plan 6
High Risk Products
Portable DVD, Microwave Oven, TV DVD System, Tablets, Laptops, PCs, LCD Television Combination, LCD Television, Television, Vacuum Cleaner.
Low Risk Products
Printer, Steam Press, Sewing Machine, Steam Iron, Power Tool, Steam Cleaner, Video Recorder, Digital Camcorder, DVD Unit, DVD and Video Recorder System, Mini Disc Player Recorder, Food Mixer, Coffee Machine, Kettle, Iron, Hi-Fi Component, Small Kitchen Appliance, Portable Audio Equipment, Garden Appliance, Toaster, Telephone, Mobile, Vaporella Steam Iron, Digital Satellite System, Food Processor, Electric Shaver, Espresso Coffee Machine, Electric Fire, Dehumidifier, Digital Camera, Deep Fryer, Camera, Bread Maker, Blender, Audio System, Amplifier, Car Navigation System.
Please note: Excludes all refurbished items and products.
Terms and Conditions – General
- Application for the replacement of equipment will only be considered where the equipment is no longer covered by the manufacturers or repairer’s guarantee for call out and labour charges.
- Repair work authorised by Domestic & General (D&G) will be carried out during our repairers' normal working hours only, which are typically Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- You must operate your equipment in line with the manufacturer's instructions and must not modify it.
- Your equipment must not have been lost, stolen, misused, neglected, poorly installed, subject to malicious damage, or damage caused by fire, explosion, floods, lightning, storms, frost or other bad weather conditions, rust, corrosion or water.
- Your equipment must not be subject to a current recall either by Domestic & General (D&G), the supplier or the manufacturer.
- Your equipment must be used in a domestic environment. Equipment used in a non-domestic or commercial environment must be subject to our prior approval in writing.
- Any replacement under your plan must be sourced by us. We will not be liable for the cost of replacements which are not provided by our supplier.
- You are liable for the cost of repairs if there is no fault found with the equipment, or to the extent that it requires routine maintenance, cleaning, servicing, cosmetic repairs (e.g. damage to paintwork, dents or scratches) or where there is any problem with the supply of electricity, gas or water.
- Payment will not be approved for costs arising from being unable to use your equipment (e.g. food spoilage) or for any other loss or damage not included under your plan benefits which arises from the breakdown of your equipment, including any costs to remove or reinstate built-in or fitted equipment.
- If, when you require breakdown service, there is any other service agreement or an insurance policy under which you are entitled to claim, Domestic & General (D&G) may only pay an appropriate proportion.
- Domestic & General (D&G) recommend you back up or store any data/files on a regular basis as we will not restore any data/ files in the event of your product requiring a repair.
- If you have purchased a product that’s covered by PRP, then you have 30 days from the point of purchase to apply for additional cover.
- Your statutory rights are not affected
- GB Customers Only
- Payment is needed in full
- Plan commences at the expiry of the manufacturer’s guarantee
- Brand new replacement or refund in the event of a breakdown. Replacement offered will be of the same make and model (or nearest equivalent). Customer must speak to Domestic and General to get a claim code and then contact Ideal World for a refund or replacement.
The main services that are not included under the terms and conditions are damage by accident, cosmetic damage, malicious damage, any indirect cost caused by the breakdown.
- The Protection Plan is provided by Domestic and General. The plan document will be sent within 14 days from Domestic & General (D&G). If the plan doesn’t arrive within the 14 days, please call Domestic & General (D&G) FREE on 0800 597 0600.
- Customer has the right to cancel at any time before the end of the manufacturer’s guaranteed period, unless equipment has already been replaced or refunded.
- The plan does not include:
- The failure of the equipment to operate correctly caused by the withdrawal of services by a third party.
- Software (including operating systems) loss or failure.
- Damage or failure of the equipment due to: a software virus; the configuration of user settings; or the process of backing up or recovery of data; loss, corruption or damage to data or operating system.
- Image retention on LCD screens, plasma or projection TV screens.
- Replacement of consumer durables (e.g. batteries, light bulbs and fuses).
Please note: You cannot use Flexi-pay to pay for Product Replacement Plans.
Governing Law and Statutory Rights
Domestic & General (D&G) will communicate in English and English Law will apply unless they have agreed otherwise with you. Nothing in these conditions will reduce or affect your statutory rights; for further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
Exclusion of Third Party Rights
This plan is for the benefit of the plan holder only and any permitted transferee at our discretion and no rights or benefits will be given to any other third party under the plan. The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 will not apply.
Transferring Your Plan
With the permission of Domestic & General (D&G) you can transfer your plan to a new owner of the equipment by giving Domestic & General (D&G) written details of the new owner including the address, email and phone number. Your plan cannot be transferred to any other equipment. Contact Domestic and General on: 0800 597 8600 or click ‘contact us’ on their website www.domgen.com.
Your Right To Change Your Mind/Cancellations
Your right to change your mind
You may cancel the plan at any time before the end of your manufacturer's (parts and labour) guarantee period and receive a full refund, unless your equipment has already been replaced or written-off.
- You may cancel the plan at any time after the ‘right to change your mind’ period outlined above, and Domestic & General (D&G) will refund a proportion of your plan fee relating to the remaining full months outstanding, unless your equipment has already been replaced or written-off.
- If you cancel your plan within the first 12 months a full refund will be given, unless otherwise stated.
- If Domestic & General (D&G) have provided you with replacement equipment or a write-off settlement at any point during the period of your plan then your plan will end and no refund will be due.
- To cancel your plan please contact Domestic and General direct for FREE on 0800 597 8600, or click ‘contact us’ at www.domgen.com or write to Domestic & General (D&G) using the address below.
- The plan can be cancelled by Domestic & General (D&G) by giving you 14 days’ notice in writing to your last known address. A refund of the amount paid for the remaining full months of the plan will be given.
How to Contact Domestic & General (D&G) or Complain
- Call the Domestic & General (D&G)Customer Service Department 0800 597 8600;
- Write to the Customer Care Manager at Domestic & General Services Limited, Leicester House, 17 Leicester Street, Bedworth, Warwickshire CV12 8JP;
- Or e-mail by clicking on ‘Contact us’ on the Domestic & General (D&G) website (www.domgen.com).
If you are not satisfied with any of the services we provide or the way in which Domestic & General (D&G) have exercised their discretion you can ask for your case to be reviewed by Domestic & General and a final decision will be made on behalf of the Managing Director.
Your details will be held and used by Domestic & General Services Limited, Domestic & General Insurance plc, and selected companies acting on their behalf to administer your plan. They may pass your data to any relevant regulator or dispute resolution provider. They may also use your data for training and testing purposes. If you have given Domestic & General (D&G) permission, your details may also be used by them or third parties for other marketing purposes. They may disclose your information to Domestic & General (D&G)’s service providers and agents for these purposes. They and the third parties (if applicable) may contact you by mail, telephone or email. If you no longer want your data to be used by third parties or by Domestic & General (D&G) for marketing purposes and you have not already notified us please write to the Data Protection Officer at: Domestic & General, Freepost CV2560, Bedworth, Warwickshire CV12 8BR. To help keep your details accurate they may use information we receive from their partners. You can ask them for a copy of your details (for a small fee) and to correct any inaccuracies. To improve their service they may monitor or record our communications with you.
Telephoning Domestic & General Services Limited
Your telephone calls may be recorded to monitor and improve the quality of the service provided.
Renewing Your Protection Plan
At the end of your Repair Plan, Domestic & General (D&G) will write to you about renewing. Your renewal notice will show the amount to pay. You will need to make payment for the protection plan to continue.
Domestic & General (D&G) reserve the right not to offer you a renewal on your plan.
Customers With Disabilities
Domestic & General (D&G) offer a number of services for customers who have disabilities. In particular they can provide this document in Braille, large print or audio formats. For further information please telephone them on 0800 597 8600.
N.B. Protection is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the plan.
The protection plan is provided by Domestic & General Services Limited, Registered office: Swan Court, 11 Worple Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4JS. Registered in England and Wales. Company No. 1970780