The Domestic and General Product Replacement Plan16 gives you 2 Years Protection for Low Risk.
What this plan includes:
If your product suffers a mechanical or electrical breakdown after the end of the manufacturer’s parts and labour guarantee period, our customer services team will try to resolve the problem over the telephone. If we are not able to resolve the problem, we will, in our discretion, decide whether to approve a replacement. Where a replacement is approved, we may (at our option), decide to pay the cost of replacing your product in vouchers, in each case subject to these terms and conditions.
Damage caused by accident
Both during and after the end of the manufacturer’s parts and labour guarantee period, if your product suffers damage caused by accident (i.e. physical damage as a result of a sudden cause so that the product is no longer in good working order), we will try to resolve the problem over the telephone. If we are not able to resolve the problem, we will, in our discretion, decide whether to approve a replacement. Where a replacement is approved, we may (at our option), decide to pay the cost of replacing your product in vouchers, in each case subject to these terms and conditions.
How to request a replacement
To request a replacement please contact us as soon as possible by telephone. The telephone number will be shown on your plan document.
Unless they are listed under the ‘Special conditions’ section or the ‘What this plan includes’ section, the following are excluded from the plan, and we will not pay for repairs which relate to:
- Damage during delivery, installation or transportation of the product by a third party who is not our agent.
- Any breakdown cost already covered by any manufacturers, suppliers or repairers guarantee or warranty on a product.
- Replacement or recall of the product (or any part) by a supplier or the manufacturer.
- Modifying or making a product comply with legislation, work on the product that is only required due to legislation changes or making it safely accessible.
- Your failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Any problem with the supply of electricity (unless you are protected against food spoilage), gas, water, broadband or broadcast content.
- Routine maintenance, cleaning, servicing and re-gassing.
- Repairs carried out outside of your country of residence.
- Costs or loss arising from not being able to use your product (e.g. hiring a replacement TV), or incidental costs caused by breakdown or repair (e.g. costs to remove or reinstate built-in or fitted equipment).
- Damage to any other property or possessions, unless it is our fault.
- Cosmetic damage such as damage to paintwork, dents or scratches.
- Any loss, damage or impairment to functionality caused by: theft, attempted theft, neglect, deliberate damage or damage caused by animals, plants or trees.
- Any loss, damage or impairment to functionality caused by: earthquake, flood, lightning, fire, wind, humidity, weather conditions, salt spray, storm or other natural events or catastrophes, abnormally high or low temperatures, plumbing problems, corrosion, chemical exposure, radiation, explosion, sabotage, terrorism, insurrection, revolution, war, riot, armed conflict, civil commotion, rebellion, man-made events or catastrophes or technological hazards (such as computer viruses or date change faults).
- Any appliance not registered under the plan.
- Repairs, maintenance work, or use of spare parts, where not approved by us.
- Damage to ceramic or glass surfaces (unless caused by an accident protected by the plan).
- Files lost due to a repair or replacement and your failure to back them up.
- Commercial or business use including use by charities, not-for-profit organisations, local government or other such similar organisations (unless we agree to the use in writing beforehand).
- Fraud or attempted fraud, or where the condition of the product is not consistent with the request you made.
- The cost of replacing any accessories including: external fuses, lawnmower belts, batteries, rechargeable batteries, power cells, light bulbs changeable by the user, fluorescent tubes and related starter components, filters, attachments, cables and cable joints, plugs, light covers, grills, removable parts, glass and enamel parts, catalytic panels, external piping, rain covers, starter connections and straps, 3D glasses, vacuum cleaner bags, brushes and tubes, audio pick-up systems including scanners, printer toner or ink cartridges and printer ribbons.
- For products that include software: external data carriers, other input devices (scanners, joysticks, mouse devices), other external controllers (if not included when purchasing the product), installing, modifying and upgrading software.
- For products with screens: repairs due to pixel failure where the number or location of pixels does not exceed the manufacturer's acceptable limit, marks on the screen, or burned screens.
- For televisions: the change from analogue to digital broadcasting including terminating analogue transmissions, software interface problems, satellite or cable systems or gaining access to cables within the fabric of a building or wall.
In addition to the ‘General exclusions’ above, the following are excluded from the plan, and we will not pay for repairs which relate to:
- AGAs and gas tumble dryers.
Duration and renewal of your plan
1. The initial plan period begins on the ‘start date’ and continues until the ‘renewal date’, as specified in your certificate (unless ended in accordance with these terms and conditions).
2. Before your plan ends, we will write to you about renewing. Your renewal notice will show the new amount to pay. The fee payable may increase at renewal.
3. If you pay by Direct Debit, each year your protection will automatically continue for another year with a new plan at renewal, unless you tell us otherwise. Unless you have advised otherwise, the renewal fee will again be collected from your specified bank account, to ensure you are always protected.
4. If you pay by any other means, you will need to make payment for your plan to continue.
5. A cooling off period (lasting 14 days from renewal of the plan or the day on which you receive your renewal documentation, whichever is the later) applies at the renewal of your plan.
6. We reserve the right not to offer you a renewal on your plan.
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.
- £0.00 P&P