The UK laws drone pilots need to know
Drones are considered to be light aircraft and their use is regulated by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
Before you buy your first drone, you should make sure you've read the latest legal requirements for flying a drone.
Here is a summary of UK drone flight regulations. Please note that it is just a summary. We still recommend you read the full CAA guidelines before making a purchase.
- A drone must not be flown within any restricted airspace. For details of restricted airspaces, please see this interactive map.
- The operation of the drone must not endanger anyone or anything.
- The drone must be kept within the visual line of sight of its pilot. This is considered to be within 500m horizontally and 400ft vertically. To fly beyond this distance, you must seek permission from the CAA, as they will need assurance that you can do this safely.
- A drone must not be flown over a congested area at any height, and must not be flown within 150 metres of an organised, open-air assembly of more than 1000 people.
- A drone must not be flown within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft.
- A drone must not be flown within 50 metres of any person except during take-off and landing. It should not be flown within 30 metres of anyone except the person in charge of the aircraft.
- You must seek permission from the CAA if you intend to use a drone for any commercial purposes.
- Any drone being used for filming will be subject to tight restrictions with regard to the minimum distance you can fly near people or places not under your control. Permission will be required from the CAA before you perform this kind of activity.
- No drone can be flown over a prison, or its grounds.
Please note that the collection of images of identifiable individuals, even inadvertently, when using a camera mounted on a drone will be subject to the Data Protection Act. This act contains requirements concerning the collection, storage and use of such images. Drone operators should ensure they are complying with any applicable requirements or exemptions.
Further information about the Data Protection Act can be obtained from the Information Commissioners Office website: www.ico.org.uk.
The Trojan Drone wiith HD Camera only needs 40 minutes of charging time and then you can launch it into the sky and watch it fly.
The 40 minute charge gets you 8 minutes of continuous flying time for you to enjoy performing your awesome 360 degree flips whilst you capture it all on your HD camera!
The fantastic Trojan Drone also has live wifi video feed; stream live photos and videos straight to your smartphone.
The design of the legs make sure the drone remains stable when you are flying it in long grass.
The length keeps the balance of the drone and enables easy landing, even in the more overgrown and rough terrains.
- 6 Axis Gyro stabilisers
- 2.4 GHz – Extended range
- HD WIFI camera on-board – perfect for capturing your adventures
- Multi-speed control
- Headless mode
- Auto direction
- Radical 360 degree flips – allowing you to fly and capture all different angles
- Enabled for indoor/outdoor flying
- Superb high performance hovering actions
- Charging time is 40 minutes for a full flight charge and then you’re set to head for the sky
- Full flight charge allows for 8minutes of continuous flying fun
- Long legs included to ensure stability when flying in long grass
- Recommended for 14 years plus
- The control requires 4 x AA batteries
Size: 52cm X 52cm X 8cm
- 1 x Trojan Drone
- 1 x HD Camera
- 1 x Remote Control
- 4 x Replacement Blades
- 1 x USB
- 1 x USB Charger
- 1 x Battery
- 1 x Smartphone Holder
- 4 x Guards
- 4 x Legs
- 1 x Screwdriver
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item,
it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.