Alocasia 'Stingray' 14cm Pot
With large, uniquely shaped leaves, Alocasia macrorrhiza 'Stingray' is an evergreen, ornamental houseplant that makes a unique addition to your home.
The emerald-green foliage looks like the wings and tail of a stingray, and this is an indoor plant that's sure to get a lot of attention. Quick and easy to grow Alocasia has slightly ruffled, upward pointing, leathery leaves with scalloped edges and a distinctive tail on the end. The distinctive spotted markings make this unusual plant even more unique by adding a little colour to the stems.
This unique, one-of-a-kind foliage plant originates from the tropics of Asia, and prefers a shady area so when growing it in your home, give it plenty of light and water but not direct sunlight -position it by a bright window.
Not only spectacular to look at, leafy tropical houseplants also provide a beneficial air-cleaning service. In a 20-year study by NASA, it was found that houseplants can improve the environment in our homes, clearing the air, removing toxins and adding valuable oxygen to the air that we breathe.
Supplied as an established plant in a 14cm pot, Alocasia Stingray will grow to a height of about 1.5-2m. Note Decorative pot in images is for display purposes only and is not supplied.
An occasional quick spell in the shower will do wonders for Alocasia 'Stingray', not only watering it, but also washing away accumulated dirt and dust.
Note: Alocasia macrorrhiza Stingray is harmful if eaten and is a skin and eye irritant to some people. Keep out of reach of children and pets
- Likes moist but well-drained soil so keep the compost moist with warm water. Do not allow the soil to dry out. Little and often is a good approach
- Place by a bright window, but out of direct sunlight which will scorch the leaves
- Stingray prefers above average humidity, so stand on a pebble tray to improve humidity and mist frequently
- Water with a general-purpose liquid houseplant feed once a month during the growing season
- A tropical plant, Alocasia needs to be kept warm (18-22°C is ideal) and has a dormant period in winter when growth stops, and the leaves may fade and die back. During this period, the plants will require less water, so simply moisten the soil from time to time and rapid growth will recommence the following year
- 1 x Alocasia 'Stingray' 14cm Pot
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.
- £4.99 P&P