Autumn Flowering Snapdragon Collection 2L Pots (3 Pack)
Named after their dragon-head flowers, Antirrhinums, have become a firm favourite in the garden, providing vibrant autumn and winter colour.
When many other plants have stopped flowering, Snapdragons light up the autumn garden between September and November, with their range of dazzling colours that includes yellows, pinks and reds.
The perfect, long-lasting garden plant, Snapdragons also make superb cut flowers and you can grow them in the border, or in pots - just keep picking the blooms and they keep flowering.
Easy to grow, kids love the flowers and growing them is a great way to introduce children to the world of gardening and all the benefits that it can provide.
Supplied as 3 x 2L plants, ready for planting out, Antirrhinums are biennial plants, and will tolerate frost. If you leave a few flower heads to seed, you'll get a reliable crop of new plants every year.
Planting Advice for Antirrhinum Snapdragons:
- Plant outdoors in fertile, well-drained soil in a sunny location.
- Before planting, prepare the soil by digging over and removing any weeds. Incorporate some well-rotted manure to improve the soil if necessary.
- Individually knock out each plant from its container. Look at the roots – if they are circling around the compost, it is best to tease them out. To do this, push your fingers into the rootball along the bottom edge and pull. Do this in a couple of places. This should encourage the roots to spread into the surrounding soil.
- Next use a trowel or spade to create a hole just deep and wide enough to set in the rootball.
The aim is to bury just the roots, leaving the bases of the stems (when in growth in summer) or the shoots (in spring) above ground.
- Firm back around the soil, using your hand for small clumps and your heel on larger areas.
- Water in well to settle the soil and prevent desiccation.
Aftercare Advice for Snapdragons:
- Feed and water regularly until snapdragons are fully established.
- Flower stems may require some support as they grow.
Pruning Advice for Antirrhinums:
- Deadhead faded snapdragon flowers frequently to encourage more blooms to be produced.
- Ideal For: Beds/Borders/Containers/Autumn Colour/Cottage Garden Schemes/Cut Flowers
- Flowers: September - November
- Position: Full Sun
- Height/Spread: 60cm x 15cm
- Hardiness: Hardy Biennial
- Supplied as: 3 x 2L plants, ready for planting out, Antirrhinums are biennial plants, and will tolerate frost. If you leave a few flower heads to seed, you'll get a reliable crop of new plants every year
- 3 x Plants
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.
- £5.99 P&P