Boo Living Pillowcase (60% Bamboo / 40% Cotton)
This innovative range of bedding contains bamboo fabric and fibre to offer you a unique, luxurious and sumptuously comfortable sleeping experience!
This beautiful pillowcase is specially made to fit the Botanics Bamboo Filled Pillow (available for purchase separately). It feels incredibly soft and smooth, with a texture similar to how you would imagine a cashmere and silk blend feels.
The pillowcase is made from 60% Bamboo and 40% Cotton in 300 thread percale. This is twisted together when creating the filaments and woven evenly, ensuring you get an equal spread of fibres across the warp and weft. The cotton adds strength to the fabric.
Bamboo fabrics have a natural 'thermo-control', making it breathable. The fabric helps to wick away moisture, keeping you drier in hot weather.
Don't miss out on your chance to try this natural, eco-friendly yet sumptuous pillowcase - luxury bedding has never been so affordable!
- 60% Bamboo, 40% Cotton - 300 Thread Percale
- Machine wash at 30°C
- Line dry
- Do not tumble dry
- 1 x Pillowcase
Please see About Bamboo and FSC tab for more information.
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.
About Bamboo and FCS
Fabric made from bamboo is incredibly soft, smooth and luxuriously comfortable, with a texture similar to how you would imagine a blend of cashmere and silk feels.
Bamboo fabrics have a natural “Thermo-control” so it is breathable. It'll keep you warm in winter and cool in summer.
The fabric helps to wick away moisture, keeping you drier in hot weather. This property explains the long-standing popularity and success of bamboo fabric socks and fitness clothes.
In the manufacturing process, the bamboo fibres are extracted mechanically, without using any harmful chemicals.
The bamboo canes are pulverised and then washed and carded until they’re just soft clean wisps of bamboo fibre which then fill the duvet cassettes.
The growth cycle of bamboo is “sustainable” as it thrives naturally without needing pesticides or fertilisers.
Bamboo is the fastest growing plant in the world. Indeed, the growth of one species of bamboo is measured in miles per hour! It spreads rapidly across large areas, and doesn’t necessarily need replanting to regrow as it is cut, not uprooted - making it faster to regrow and helping with soil sustainability
The yield you get from an acre of bamboo is greater than the yield from an acre of cotton.
About FSC (the Forest Stewarding Council):
The products are FSC certified.
Statement on the certificate:
“The production and sales of bamboo fibre claimed FSC pure”
FSC is recognised by WWF as the “hallmark of responsible forest management”.
The FSC vision:
The world’s forests meet the social, ecological and economic rights and needs of the present generation without compromising those of future generations
The Forest Stewarding Council shall promote environmentally friendly, appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable management of the world’s forests.
What they mean by...
Environmentally appropriate forest management ensures that the harvest of timber and non-timber products maintains the forest's biodiversity, productivity, and ecological processes.
Socially beneficial forest management helps both local people and society at large to enjoy long term benefits and also provides strong incentives to local people to sustain the forest resources and adhere to long-term management plans.
Economically viable forest management means that forest operations are structured and managed so as to be sufficiently profitable, without generating financial profit at the expense of the forest resource, the ecosystem, or affected communities.
The tension between the need to generate adequate financial returns and the principles of responsible forest operations can be reduced through efforts to market the full range of forest products and services for their best value.
- You can buy wood products, from all types of forest, with a clear conscience when you see the FSC logo
- The FSC label guarantees that the trees that are harvested are replaced or allowed to regenerate naturally
- Parts of the forest are protected entirely, in order to protect rare animals and plants
- FSC is the only wood certification scheme endorsed by the major environmental charities, including WWF, Greenpeace and The Woodland Trust
- FSC protects the rights of indigenous people to use the forest. If they have sacred sites in the forest these are exempt from felling.
- FSC gives an assurance that future generations will be able to enjoy the benefits of the forest
- The forest owner must use local workers to run the forest, and provide training, safety equipment and a decent salary. The forest owner is often obliged to support the community in other ways, such as through the development of schools
- FSC is a market-based initiative which also ensures better conditions for the forest and the people whose livelihoods depend on it
- All the wood is tracked from the forest to the store. Every link between the forest and the consumer is certified to make it clearly identifiable which wood is FSC certified and which is not.