Camellia Collection 3 Colours in 9cm Pots
One of the nation's favourite early spring plants, Camellias are, when given the right conditions, very straightforward and problem free.
Providing fabulous displays of flowers when almost every other plant is still asleep for winter, they’re ideal for providing a bold splash of colour when the garden is quite drab – plus they’re fabulous in pots where they can be moved to any part of your garden.
The key to success with Camellias is they need acidic soils - like Rhododendrons. This means they can easily be grown in pots in ericaceous composts, and provided they are fed with specialist ericaceous feed, will provide many years of colour and interest.
They are evergreen, and their neat, shiny, tough leaves will provide a backdrop to other plants all year.
Flower buds start swelling late the previous summer, and keep getting bigger all autumn and winter, until they burst open in early spring. The flowers can be caught by frosts when they are opening, but the buds are generally fine, and the plant is 100% hardy and tough.
Supplied as three plants in 9cm pots ready for potting on or planting out, each Camellia collection contains one each of:
- Blood of China - Vivid, scarlet-red, semi-double blooms with a central crown of yellow stamens 3m x 2m. Fl Feb - April
- Brushfield's Yellow - Creamy white, anemone-form blooms with a light-yellow tone to the centre of the flower. 4m x 2.5m. Fl Feb - April
- Triumphans - Deep rose-pink, double blooms. 3m x 3m. Fl Feb - April
- Category: Trees & Shrubs/Flowering Shrubs
- Ideal For: Beds/Borders/Containers/Small Gardens/Japanese Theme
- Flowers: February - April
- Position: Partial Shade
- Height/Spread: 400cm x 300cm
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy
- 3 x Plants
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.