Campanula Port. Mrs Resholt Plugs (6 Pack)
A charming perennial that will gently spread to form a delicate cushion, Campanula 'Mrs Resholt' erupts into a cascade of lilac-blue bells in summer.
Robust in growth, yet charming and delicate in form, this dainty Campanula is really easy to grow and very rewarding and being fully winter hardy will come back year after year.
Needing little more than a pot of free draining compost to thrive, the bell flower will cope easily with periods of drought as it's used to sporadic or low rain fall, which make it the perfect candidate for eco-friendly gardens and for areas often subject to hosepipe bans!
Plants can be grown in small spaces such as pots and troughs which is increasingly important to those of us with small gardens, terraces or balconies. When grown in cracks in a wall, the effect is absolutely stunning
Supplied as 6 plug plants, ready for you to pot up and grow on before planting out into their final position.
Planting Advice for your Campanula garganica 'Mrs Resholt':
- For best results, pot on into a well-draining compost mix and grow on for 4-6 weeks before planting out.
- If planting in the garden border, spread a two-inch layer of grit on top of the soil and dig it into the top six inches to improve drainage.
- Dig a hole roughly the same diameter as the pot or plug.
- Remove your alpine from its pot and tease apart any roots which are spiralling round.
- Lower the plant into the planting hole and backfill with the original soil, gently firming it around the plant.
- If you’re growing them in a container, ensure that the container has adequate holes for drainage. Most alpines like a neutral or slightly alkaline soil.
- Add a well-draining compost mix and plant as above.
- A layer of coarse gravel on top of the soil will help prevent the neck of the plant getting too damp.
- Water well
Aftercare Advice for your Bell Flower Mrs Resholt:
- Once you’ve planted your campanula water it thoroughly.
- Remove or trim any dead leaves in the autumn.
- Move the container to an area that’s in a ‘rain shadow’ (for example, beneath house eaves) in winter to reduce the risk of rotting.
- Ideal For: Containers/Beds/Borders/Gravel Gardens/Rockeries
- Flowers: June - July
- Position: Full Sun/Partial Shade
- Height/Spread: 15cm x 50cm
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy
- Supplied as: 6 plug plants, ready for you to pot up and grow on or plant straight out into their final position
- 6 x Plants
Delivery and Returns
Ordered items are usually despatched within 7 to 10 working days.
Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.