Canna Tropicanna 9cm Pots (Pair)
Easier to grow than you may think, cannas are one of those exotic beauties that swiftly helps to create a bright, intensely coloured summer garden.
With large, banana shaped leaves, their fiery, hot colour combinations will erupt throughout your beds and borders, adding great height and impact too. 'Tropicanna' produces foliage which is striped in a rainbow of colours with greens, purples, oranges and pinks, creating a dazzling effect that is further enhanced when the orange flowers appear.
Renowned for their tall flower spikes and architectural leaves, grow them in large pots, or at the back of hot-themed borders, in hot, sunny spots, in well-drained areas.
Feed and water well when in growth - they will not start growing much until May, then they romp away quickly as the summer warms.
Cannas will over-winter if they do not get too wet and will benefit from a mulch, or the tubers can be dug up and stored in a cool, frost-free place over the winter for use again next year.
Supplied as a pair of young plants in 9cm pots, ready for immediate planting.
- Water freely in dry spells.
- Apply a general-purpose liquid feed in midsummer.
- Little pruning or training is needed, just stake clumps in exposed positions.
- When a flower spike has no more buds, prune it down to the next side shoot where a secondary flower spike should develop.
- If temperatures are maintained above 10°C (50°F) cannas will remain in growth all winter and flower occasionally.
- Lift the plants in autumn after the foliage has been frosted. Break large clumps into two or three and pot the pieces into 10in (or so) pots. You can then overwinter them in any frost-free shed or greenhouse, keeping them just slightly moist.
- When the plants start to push up their red shoots in spring, bring them into a light place, water well and protect them from late frosts.
- By June, growth will be well under way and they can be planted out once more.
- Ideal For: Pots/beds/borders
- Flowers: July - September
- Position: Full Sun
- Height/Spread: 120cm x 40cm
- Hardiness: Not Hardy
- Supplied as: A pair of young plants in 9cm pots, ready for immediate planting out. Flowers July - September, Height 120cm, Spread 40cm approx.
- 2 x Plants
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.
- £4.99 P&P