- £4.99 P&P
|Pay today:||£18.98 with Flexi-pay x 2|
Select your Flexi-pay plan at the checkout.* excludes Product Replacement Plans and Postage & Packaging
An outstanding collection of potatoes for you to grow-your-own, and all three varieties hold the coveted RHS Award of Garden Merit, so you know you’re getting the best, and all will give you bumper crops!
We’ve included 3 heavy duty 23L plastic pots too, complete with sturdy handles and drainage holes.
- ‘Charlotte’ is the top variety of ‘new potato’ in the UK. Delicious boiled and medium sized. Plant between February and May for harvesting from July to October.
- ‘Desiree’ is a maincrop potato, and a versatile all-rounder. Great for chips, roasting, mashing and baking. Plant between March and May for harvesting from July to October.
- ‘Casablanca’ is a first early variety, producing lots of small, tasty potatoes. Ideal for boiling and also for roasting and baking. Plant between February and April for crops from May to July.
Slow release Organic Potato Fertiliser has been specifically formulated to provide your crop of potatoes with everything they need to produce a bountiful harvest. In particular it has been developed to promote the sustained healthy growth, making sure you get a good crop, whatever soil you have.
Nutrient analysis (N:P:K) is 4:2.4:8 plus essential trace elements, and so is also suitable for use with any other vegetable crop.
- Category: Grow Your Own – Veg & Herbs
- Ideal For: Pots/Grow Your Own Veg
- Fruit: Autumn
- Position: Full Sun
- Height/Spread: 50cm x 50cm
- Hardiness: Not Hardy
- Supplied as 18 tubers, 6 each of ‘Charlotte’, ‘Desiree’ and ‘Casablanca’ with 3 x 23L heavy duty pots and a 1kg pack of Organic Potato Fertiliser.
How to Grow Potatoes:
Your seed potatoes will need chitting prior to planting. On receipt, stand them in an egg box in a cool, light room so they can begin chitting (shooting). Leave for 3-4 weeks, and short dark shoots (chits) will emerge. Take care not to damage these when handling or planting.
Start with a little compost in the base of your container, about 6-7in (15-17cm). Place the tubers onto the compost and half fill the pot. Keep some horticultural fleece handy, should cold nights threaten.
The green shoots will eventually poke up through the compost, and when they do, cover them with another layer of compost, water and feed. Keep on adding as the plants grow until you reach the top of the pot or bag.
Keep your potatoes well watered as they grow - dry conditions will result in a considerably reduced crop.
- 18 x Tubers in 3 Varieties
- 3 x Pots
- 1kg Fertiliser
Delivery and Returns
Despatched within 7 - 10 working days.
Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.