Dahlia Dinnerplates Mixed Collection - 10 Tubers
- £4.99 P&P
This Dahlia 'Dinnerplates' Mix is just the thing for creating a colourful display of fabulous double blooms.
Dinner Plate Dahlias produce beautiful and large blooms and are made up of layers and layers of petals to create a fabulous and full effect. Each bloom can measure a massive 8 inches across. This mix will provide your garden with a wonderful selection of gorgeous blooms in possible shades of pinks, reds, oranges, and yellows. Perfect for adding some bright and bold summer cheer to your garden.
In bloom from June through to September, they are easy to grow and packed full of energy to burst into growth in Spring and produce a mass of bright colours which will pepper your garden like gemstones as Summer turns to Autumn. Dahlias are perfect for planting in your bed, borders, patio pots and containers. They also make fabulous cut flowers so pick a bunch of these pastel beauties to bring into your home for amazing colour.
Dahlias will need some winter protection if you want them to return next year, we recommend that you dig them up before the first frost arrives and keep them stored over the winter.
- Ideal For: Pots, beds, borders
- Flowers: Jun-Sept
- Position: Sun
- Height/Spread: 125 x 50cm
- Hardiness: Protect from frost
- 10x Tubers
- Dahlias are tender tubers and do best when potted up initially in March or early April, into large pots (2 - 3L) filled with multi-purpose compost.
- Placed in a light, frost-free place and kept moist, they'll quickly form bushy plants by the time the frosts have ended, ready to be planted out into the garden.
- In the garden, dig a hole at least 30cm wide x 30cm deep for each one, spacing each tuber 75cm apart.
- If you don’t have anywhere to start them in pots, you can put the tubers straight into the ground when the frosts are nearly over.
- Once a fortnight, feed them with a liquid feed such as our Blooming Fast Superior plant feed.
- During dry periods, water at least once a week.
- Dahlias should be deadheaded regularly to encourage more blooms and you will need to stake the plants to prevent the flowers from breaking the stems.
Delivery and Returns
Despatched within 10 working days. Please allow an additional 2-3 days for delivery.
Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made, unused and in its original packaging (unless otherwise specified in our full Returns Policy). Please click here for more information.