Dinnerplate Dahlia Vancouver (5 Pack)
Bigger is definitely better! A delightful dinnerplate Dahlia that will thrill you with masses of white-tipped, violet flowers.
As the impressive blooms mature, they become even more flushed with white, blending together with the magenta petals giving a spectacular display on one plant - definitely one to grow for the cutting garden.
One of the most unusual decorative Dahlias currently available to gardeners, the giant, violet and white flowers are up to 25cm (10in) wide. Often referred to as a 'dinner-plate dahlia' they're ideal in borders or in a large container on the patio, or as a cut flower - they're BIG!
Easy to grow and perfect for beginner gardeners, 'Vancouver' is perfect when combined with traditional garden favourites such as roses, phlox and delphiniums.
Supplied as 5 x tubers ready for potting-up or planting out once all risk of frost has passed.
- Ideal For: Pots/Containers/Patios/Beds/Borders
- Flowers: July - October
- Fruit: N/A
- Position: Sunny
- Height/Spread: 100cm x 60cm
- Hardiness: Not Hardy, protect from frost.
- Supplied As: 5 x tubers ready for potting-up or planting out once all risk of frost has passed.
Caring for Your Dahlias
- Dahlias are tender tubers and do best when potted up initially in March or early April, into large pots (2 - 3L) filled with multi-purpose compost.
- Placed in a light, frost-free place and kept moist, they'll quickly form bushy plants by the time the frosts have ended, ready to be planted out into the garden.
- In the garden, dig a hole at least 30cm wide x 30cm deep for each one, spacing each tuber 75cm apart.
- If you don’t have anywhere to start them in pots, you can put the tubers straight into the ground when the frosts are nearly over.
- Once a fortnight, feed them with a liquid feed such as our Blooming Fast Superior plant feed. During dry periods, water at least once a week.
- Dahlias should be deadheaded regularly to encourage more blooms and you will need to stake the plants to prevent the flowers from breaking the stems.
- 5 x Tubers
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.
- £4.99 P&P