Evergreen Hardy Clematis Collection 9cm Pots (3 Pack)
Brighten up your garden in the dreary winter months with these fabulous evergreen, winter-flowering Clematis.
Their dainty nodding blooms make an appearance when the garden can be at its bleakest and are an uplifting and cheery sight indeed! All are easy to care for and need no pruning so can be planted anywhere where the sun reaches - even in the most inaccessible spots.
The collection contains 3 plants in 9cm pots, one plant of each of the following:
Clematis 'Pixie' is a compact variety, with finely divided, dark-green leaves. It produces a profusion of small, green-white, scented flowers on purple-tinted stems from May to June. H100cm x W50cm.
Clematis 'Early Sensation' produces pure white blooms from March to May and superb long-lasting seed heads. H400cm x W150cm.
Clematis cartmanii 'Joe' is a compact climber with divided, leathery, dark green leaves and clusters of bowl-shaped, white flowers 4cm across in early spring. H150cm x W50cm.
- Feed in spring with a general-purpose feed, avoiding the stems. Mulch immediately afterwards with organic matter such as well-rotted manure, leaf mould or garden compost.
- Water regularly during periods of dry weather in the first few seasons after planting, especially for container plants.
- Clematis in pots should be given a liquid feed through the summer and early autumn.
- No regular pruning is required, but if necessary, prune immediately after flowering when the danger of frost has passed. Cut new plants back to just above a strong pair of leaf buds about 30cm (12in) above soil level to encourage multiple stems.
- Established plants just need overlong branches trimming back and any dead or winter-damaged shoots pruned back to a pair of healthy buds.
- Ideal For: Climbing Supports/Trellis/Obelisks/Walls/Fences/Fragrance
- Flowers: March - June
- Position: Full Sun/Partial Shade
- Height/Spread: 1.5 – 4m (5-13ft) depending on variety
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy
- Supplied as: 3 plants in 9cm pots
- 3 x Plants
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.