Hardy Perennials Collection 1L (6 Pack)
Now you can get that sought-after Cottage Garden look and feel with our collection of 6 of the most popular and reliable hardy perennials.
These larger plants are perfect for creating an instant effect and can be planted now for fabulous displays next spring and summer - and for years to come.
Providing a wonderful display of showy colour and long-lasting structure throughout summer and until late October, they will look great AND attract beneficial insects including butterflies, ladybirds and honeybees, perfect for fruit and veg gardeners where pollination is so important.
Supplied as 1L potted plants, they are big enough to plant straight out spring, summer or autumn and will establish and get better year after year.
If planting together in a border, we suggest you plant 60cm (2ft apart), which they will fill after their second season.
Main varieties Included (but not guaranteed):
Delphinium mixed: The traditional favourite, with tall spires of coloured blooms above soft serrated leaves. Grows to 183cm (6ft)
Coreopsis: Cheerful Daisy-like flowers and fern-like leaves make this a popular perennial - it's beetle-like seeds give it its common name of tickseed. Grows to 30cm (1ft)
Gaillardia: The popular Jam-tart flower or blanket flower, this large bloomed daisy will fill your garden with reds, oranges and yellows Grows to 90cm (3ft)
Lobelia: The taller, perennial version of the basket favourite, perennial lobelia produces spikes of toothed blooms Grows to 90cm (3ft)
Salvia: Another plant loved by butterflies and honeybees; the vivid coloured flowers are produced in densely packed spikes. Grows to 60cm (2ft)
Leucanthemum: Robust and reliable, this white daisy is another of those traditional favourites. Grows to 100cm (3ft 3in)
Note: Due to this product being available all year, in some weeks we reserve the right to substitute some varieties in the specific collection shown here. Colours mentioned are based on the most common types but may vary and cannot be guaranteed.
When planting a number of perennials, arrange them on the surface so you can see how they will look before planting.
- Individually knock out each plant from its container. Look at the roots – if they are circling around the compost, it is best to tease them out.
- To do this, push your fingers into the rootball along the bottom edge and pull. Do this in a couple of places. This should encourage the roots to spread into the surrounding soil.
- Next use a trowel or spade to create a hole just deep and wide enough to set in the rootball.
- The aim is to bury just the roots, leaving the bases of the stems (when in growth in summer) or the shoots (in spring) above ground.
- Firm back around the soil, using your hand for small clumps and your heel on larger areas.
- Water in well to settle the soil and prevent desiccation
- Ideal For: Beds/Borders/Containers/Cottage Garden Theme
- Flowers: May - September
- Position: Full Sun/Partial Shade
- Height/Spread: Various
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy
- Supplied as: 1L potted plants in 6 varieties, ready to plant out now.
- 1 each of:
- Delphinium mixed
- 6 x Plants
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.
- £4.99 P&P