Organic Berry Fruit Garden - Raspberry, Gooseberry & Blackberry in 13cm Pots
If you’ve ever wanted to grow your own soft fruit but are not sure where to start, not sure what to grow or simply don’t think you have enough space, then this Organic Berry Collection is a fantastic place to start!
We’ve picked some of the best varieties to give you a complete selection, and bumper crops from this year onwards in a complete set - plus they're all thornless or have very few prickles so you can throw those gardening gloves away!
Growing fruit is incredibly rewarding & surprisingly easy, and of course your home-grown fruit will taste simply delicious! Perfect for eating fresh, the possibilities are endless – turn them into jam, bake them into puddings, even make your own wine…
Now is the perfect time to plant and all of the included varieties are perfect for the British climate which makes them incredibly easy to grow. All of these varieties will produce large crops on compact bushes, perfect for patio pots and containers – you don’t even need a garden!
Organically grown by expert nurserymen, these berries are rich in vitamins as well as minerals such as potassium and magnesium so are a very healthy addition to your garden - true super fruits!
Supplied as established plants in 13cm pots, ready for planting out, you’ll get 1 each of;
- Organic Gooseberry 'Lady Sun', a nearly thornless, soft-skinned, yellow gooseberry, perfect for containers. H100cm x W60cm, Fruits July.
- Organic Blackberry 'Oregon Thornless', a versatile thornless blackberry with heavy crops of juicy, glossy black fruits from late summer. H250cm x H250cm, Fruits Aug - Sept.
- Organic Raspberry 'Autumn Amber', large, apricot-coloured berries with a gourmet flavour on thornless plants. H250cm x W60cm, Fruits Aug - Sept.
Plant up your fruit right away and kick your summer fruit-fest off with a bang!
- Ideal For: Grow Your Own/Allotments/Borders
- Flowers: May - July
- Fruit: July - September
- Position: Sunny
- Height/Spread: Gooseberry 'Lady Sun', H100cm x W60cm, Blackberry 'Oregon Thornless', H250cm x H250cm, Raspberry 'Autumn Amber', H250cm x W60cm
Planting advice for your berries:
- Water your potted plant well.
- Dig a hole a little deeper and 3 x wider than the nursery pot.
- Add a soil conditioner such as well-rotted manure to the earth removed from the hole if necessary.
- Remove the plant from its pot and tease out a few of the roots.
- Place your plant in the hole at the same level at the pot.
- Refill the hole with the earth removed (backfilling).
- Firm in the soil with your heel, avoiding the root ball, and water well.
- Mulch around the base of the plant with a collar, compost, gravel, bark etc.
Aftercare Advice for your berry collection:
- Mulch plants to retain moisture, and if you use garden compost or well-rotted manure this will feed your plants at the same time.
- Water regularly and especially during dry spells. Container-grown gooseberries should be watered as soon as the top inch or so of soil dries out.
- Plant container-grown plants at any time, avoiding waterlogged, dry or frozen soil.
- 3 x Plants
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.
- £4.99 P&P