One of the best yellow roses released, ‘Arthur Bell’ is a lovely, repeat flowering floribunda rose that will flower over a long season from May until autumn.
Emerging in clusters, the large, double flowers are golden-yellow when they open before fading to cream as they age and carry a strong and delightfully sweet perfume. Healthy, glossy bright green foliage sets off the flowers beautifully.
Perfect for growing in containers and small spaces, and excellent cut flowers that will fill your home with fragrance, this strong growing rose is a real winner!
Fully deserving its coveted RHS Award of Garden Merit, you can be sure that this is a proven garden performer, guaranteed to be suitable for UK gardeners at every level of experience. You can therefore plant this in the garden with confidence, for a stunning display for many years to come.
- 2x Plants
- Ideal For: Fragrant/ Cut Flowers/ Pots/ Containers/ Beds/ Borders
- Flowers: May - October
- Position: Sun/ Part Shade
- Height/Spread: 80cm x 60cm
- Hardiness: Hardy
- To prune, just remove any dead, dying, damaged and diseased stems and also deadhead regularly. Traditionally, you would cut just above a leaf joint with a sloping cut away from the bud, however, this isn't necessary, and don’t worry about pruning too much - roses are very resilient and will grow back.
- When pruning, make sure that your secateurs are clean and sharp to prevent squashing stems and introducing disease.
- Add mycorrhizal fungi to the roots when planting to help the plant establish quicker.
- Roses can be planted at any time of the year, as long as the soil is not frozen, waterlogged or drought-dry. Plant your rose where it can get plenty of sun for at least half of the day, and where it will be sheltered from the wind.
- Roses tolerate wide range of soils but thrive in deep, humus-rich, moist but well-drained soil, so add plenty of well-rotted manure into the hole if necessary and plant so that the graft union (the swollen area when the stems meet the roots) is around 3cm below soil level.
- Water well every other day - daily if the weather is hot and dry.
- Established roses can be watered around once a week through spring and summer - more if the weather is hot.
- For best results, feed roses in late-March/April and again in late July.
Delivery and Returns
Despatched within 10 working days. Please allow an additional 2-3 days for delivery.
Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.