Add a stately look to your home with these beautiful Bay Trees.
Bay Trees are easy to care for and look simply stunning in pots either side of a door or pathway. The lush foliage has a mouth-watering flavour and rich aroma and can be added to marinades or used to add depth to cooking all year long.
Bays can be very expensive in garden centres, with similar products selling for over 50 pounds each, so this fantastic offer is unbelievable value!
Easy to maintain, these bay trees enjoy moist, but well-drained soil, positioned in full sun or partial shade.
A well-known and popular evergreen shrub, Laurus Nobilis (Sweet Bay) is a multipurpose garden plant which is totally at home both planted in the ground or presented in a pot!
Kept neatly clipped, the dark-green foliage creates stunning formal shapes which are ideal for entryways and patios.
Besides looking good, bay is an essential ingredient in cooking and topiary specimens really lend themselves to growing in a kitchen garden or in a pot by the kitchen door.
- 2x Plants
- 2x Planters
- Ideal For: Kitchen Garden/Grow Your Own/Pots/Containers
- Flowers: April - May
- Position: Full Sun/Partial Shade
- Height/Spread: 150cm x 75cm
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Bay trees will grow in any well-drained soil in a sunny position, and thrive in containers, as long as they are kept well-watered.
- Use a soil-based compost, such as John Innes No 2, with extra grit added to improve stability of the post and help drainage as bay roots dislike sitting in wet.
- Add controlled-release fertiliser granules to the pot or use a liquid feed every two week from mid-spring to late summer.
- Check plants and repot every two years in spring so that the soil does not become exhausted and stale.
- Bay can withstand temperatures down to -5°C, but frost and cold winter winds can damage the foliage so protect plants with fleece if temperatures are likely to fall below this.
- Similarly, pots can be wrapped in bubble wrap to protect them.
- Any damage caused by winter cold can be pruned out in the spring.
- Trim light in early spring and late summer to maintain you desired shape.
Delivery and Returns
Despatched within 10 working days. Please allow an additional 2-3 days for delivery.
Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.