Ideal For: Patios/ Small gardens/ Allotments/ Grow your own
Fruit: July - October
Position: Full Sun
Height/Spread: 50cm x 50cm
Hardiness: Not Hardy
Specification: Supplied as 3 x varieties of prime quality seed potatoes (each net contains 6 'Turbo' tubers), 3 x 'Grow-Pods' and 1 x 1kg Organic Potato Fertiliser.
This Patio Potato Growing Kit means that anyone can now grow delicious, fresh potatoes. You don’t even need a garden as a patio, balcony or courtyard will do! Just add compost and water and you will be harvesting your first new potatoes as early as 12 weeks after planting.
We have included three popular 'second cropping' varieties: 'Charlotte', 'Pentland Javelin' and 'Desiree', which are all second early maturity salad types with very good flavour.
'Charlotte' - One of the most popular salad potatoes in the UK, the instantly recognisable, oval-shaped tubers can grow much larger than other salad varieties and have a firm yellow waxy flesh. Perfect for potato salads or boiled and dripping in butter.
'Pentland Javelin' - An early variety, producing lots of small, tasty potatoes. Ideal for boiling and also for roasting and baking.
'Desiree' - Creamy-yellow flesh with red skin, great for chips, roasting, jacket potatoes or simple boiling.
These special seed potatoes have been held in cold store until now and will grow rapidly once planted - right up to the end July to give you ‘new’ potatoes through autumn and even up to Christmas.
This is the perfect way to grow your own potatoes and what's even better is it requires no back-breaking digging whatsoever! The 'Grow-Pods' can be used again and again, and the Organic Potato Fertiliser can be used all around your vegetable garden.
Supplied as 3 x varieties of prime quality seed potatoes (each net contains 6 'Turbo' tubers), 3 x 'Grow-Pods' and 1 x 1kg Organic Potato Fertiliser.
- Start with a little compost in the base of your 'Grow-Pod', about 6-7in (15-17cm). Place the tubers onto the compost and half fill the pot. Keep some horticultural fleece handy, should cold nights threaten.
- The green shoots will eventually poke up through the compost, and when they do, cover them with another layer of compost, water, and feed. Keep on adding as the plants grow until you reach the top of the pod.
- First and second earlies will grow quicker than maincrop potatoes which are in the pots for longer, so require more regular watering.
- In the ground, first earlies will take around 14 weeks to mature, second earlies around 16 weeks, but in warm containers you can knock a couple of weeks off that, particularly if you like to eat them small and tender.
- New potatoes are at their best eaten immediately, so pull out only what you want for one meal, leaving the rest to grow on.
- 3x Grow Pods
- 18x Tubers
- 1x 1kg Fertiliser
Delivery and Returns
Despatched within 10 working days. Please allow an additional 2-3 days for delivery.
Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.