Philodendron Xanadu 19cm Pot
A striking and immensely attractive houseplant, philodendron 'Xanadu' is certainly one that you need in your home.
Also known as the cut-leaf Philodendron, this substantial, exquisitely shaped beauty grows with a gently mounding, shrubby habit, perfect to bring natural colour and interest to a boring corner of any room.
Many gardeners have known for years that many houseplants are great plants for the home, helping you to get a good, restful night's sleep, and now we know why. Research by NASA has shown that one of their most useful features is their ability to keep the air inside your home clean, removing toxins such as formaldehyde and benzene, and giving out valuable oxygen at night.
A plant that's really easy to care for and maintain, 'Xanadu' (sometimes referred to as 'Winterbourn') forms a neat bush, often as wide as it is tall, with striking, glossy green, lobed leaves and stems that redden as they age.
Despite its tropical origins, Philodendron is an ideal houseplant, and is one of those cast-iron feature plants that are nearly indestructible and the perfect plant for anyone new to gardening. Growing to around 1.2m and supplied as an established plant in a 19cm pot, place your plant near a bright window out of the way of direct sunlight.
Place your philodendron in moderate to bright, indirect light. Avoid direct sunlight as this may cause the leaves to fade.
Aftercare of your cut-leaf philodendron 'Xanadu':
- Water thoroughly and allow the top inch or so of soil to dry out before re-watering. It is better to err on the dry side as plants don't like sitting in wet soil
- A frost-tender houseplant, keep at 18-28°C for best results, avoiding draughts
- Feed with a quarter strength liquid feed two or three times during the growing season. Do not feed during the winter
- Plants should be re-potted as soon as their roots start to fill the existing pot and appear from the drainage holes. Use a pot that has drainage holes in the bottom and is about two -three inches larger than the root ball
- Use a general-purpose potting compost
- Once re-potted, place the plant back in the same place and don't water it again until the top layer of soil is dry
- If you don't have space to repot, remove the top 2-3 inches of soil and replace it with fresh potting soil every two years
- 1 x Philodendron Xanadu 19cm Pot