These showy evergreen shrubs are perhaps the perfect garden plant as they are easy to care for, fully hardy and give months of interest in the garden. Young foliage in early spring takes on dazzling shades of red and pink before slowly maturing to glossy green. Later in spring dense panicles of white or pink blossom emerge resembling 'Lily of the Valley' and giving a superb display for several weeks.
Pieris are very easy to care for and need little attention apart from removal of spend flowers and a light trim every couple of years to keep shape. Although fully hardy they are best in a sheltered spot as young foliage can be damaged by severe frost and high winds. Plant in borders or large patio pots. Best in acidic soil, in containers use ericaceous compost.
Collection contains 3 x 9cm potted plants, 1 each of:
- Forest Flame (AGM)- Fiery red young foliage turns to green through pink and cream. Creamy white flowers. 4m x 2.5m
- Flaming Silver – Vivid red young leaves that turns glossy green with silvery white edging. H1.5m x W1m
- Mountain Fire (AGM)- Bright red young leaves mature to dark green and contrast with white flowers. H4m x W4m
- Category: Trees & Shrubs/Flowering Shrubs
- Ideal For: Beds/Borders/Containers/Specimen Shrubs/Evergreen
- Flowers: May - June
- Position: Full Sun
- Height/Spread: 2m x 1.5m
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy
- Supplied as: established plants in 9cm pots, ready to plant out. One each of the following varieties; 'Forest Flame', 'Flaming Silver' and Mountain Fire.
Pieris are fully winter hardy, however young growth can be damaged by frost so they are best placed in a sheltered position. Pieris can also be grown in partial shade, so are ideal for a woodland border.
Pieris do not require pruning - a simple tidy up of any spindly or damaged branches or spent flowers is all that is needed in late spring after flowering.
One essential requirement when growing any variety of Pieris is for acid soil and if feeding, and ericaceous feed only.
- 3 x Plants
Delivery and Returns
Despatched with 7 - 10 working days.
Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.