Pink Velvet Tip Sanseviera 12cm
A succulent plant, Sanseverira produces long, spear-like leaves, making them an attractive addition to the home, and these have been colour dipped to give them a contemporary twist.
A fool proof, easy-to-grow plant that thrives on neglect, Sanseveira can survive long periods of drought, irregular feeding, and perform better when pot-bound. They'll also grow in shade or bright light which is why they make an excellent houseplant.
Sansevieria is a great plant for the bedroom, helping you to get a good, restful night's sleep, and NASA knows why - a 20-year study has shown that Sanseveira can keep the air inside your home clean, removing toxins such as formaldehyde and benzene, and giving out valuable oxygen at night.
Supplied as an established plant in a 12cm pot, Sanseveira cylindrica 'Pink Velvet Tip' will grow to a height of about 1m. New leaves will grow without the pink tips, and these will eventually replace the coloured ones.
Keep pot bound in a clay pot for best results and wipe leaves with a damp cloth occasionally to remove dust.
- Keep plants in the temperature range of 15-27°C for the best growth - they are frost tender and dislike temperatures below 10°C
- Best grown in a clay pot as the strong rhizomes will push plastic pots out of shape
- Very tolerant of a wide range of conditions, Sansevieria will excel when grown near a bright east or south facing windowsill, out of direct sunlight
- Allow the soil to dry between watering and take care not to over water in winter when the plants are relatively dormant
- Repot only when the plant has filled its pot to capacity - you'll know it's time when the plant begins to force its way out of the existing container
- Feed with a general-purpose plant food during the summer
- Over winter, reduce watering to once a month or so - let the compost dry out between watering
- The tips of the plant are coated with a special paint that feels like velvet - they do not naturally grow with this coating
- 1 x Pink Velvet Tip Sanseviera 12cm
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.