Rhubarb Apple Delight Plants (3 Pack) in 9cm Pots
This brand-new Rhubarb variety has been specially selected for its especially sweet fruity flavour.
Known as a 'day neutral' variety, this innovative Rhubarb crops heavily from spring to autumn unlike regular types which tend to become less productive over the summer months - so you're guaranteed a bumper crop of flavoursome stems right up until the first frosts!
Apple Delight is easy to grow and adapted to thrive in all weathers - the perfect variety to plant throughout the UK being weather resistant as well as having excellent resistance to pests and disease.
For best results allow to establish for a season and pick sparingly in year two. Expect heavy crops thereafter.
Delivered as 3 x established plants in 9cm pots ready for immediate planting.
Planting your rhubarb:
- Before planting, dig over the ground and remove all perennial weeds.
- Add compost or well-rotted manure into the soil. Don't add any additional fertiliser.
- Plant crowns in early spring in well-drained, fertile soil in full sun as soon as the ground is workable, when the roots are still dormant and before growth begins or plants are just beginning to leaf out.
- Potted plants can be planted out at any time.
- Dig large holes around twice the size of the root spread. Space rhubarb plants about 4 feet apart and plant the roots 2-5cm (1-2in) below the surface of the soil.
- After planting, mulch generously with a heavy layer of straw to retain moisture and discourage weeds.
Aftercare Advice for Rhubarb:
- Water your plant well.
- Remove flower stalks as soon as they appear.
- When the top growth dies back in autumn, remove the dead leaves to expose the crown to frost - this will help break dormancy and ensure a good crop of stalks the following year.
- Divide rhubarb roots every 3 to 4 years when plants are dormant in early spring or autumn.
Harvesting Advice for Rhubarb:
- For best results allow to establish for a season and pick sparingly in year two. Expect heavy crops thereafter.
- To pick, hold the stalk at the base and pull it out of the ground, aiming to avoid snapping it off.
- Ideal For: borders/allotments/grow your own/Kitchen Garden
- Flowers: April-July
- Fruit: May - October
- Position: Full Sun
- Height/Spread: 1m x 1m
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Supplied as: 3 x plants in 9cm pots ready for immediate planting. NOTE: Rhubarb leaves may be harmful if ingested and should be removed prior to cooking.
- 3 x Plants
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.
- £0.00 P&P