Snowberry ‘Symphoricarpus’ 3L Pot
Commonly known as the snowberry, Symphoricarpus produces masses of round white berries in the autumn, which cover the plants like miniature snowballs.
A member of the honeysuckle family, this deciduous shrub produces succulent berries that stay on the bush after the leaves have fallen, giving a definite festive feel to the plants as they enter their winter dormancy.
If you're looking for an attractive plant to liven up your borders, then this is the ideal plant for you! Blooming in spring, the snowberry produces sprays of dainty pink blooms in spring
Easy to grow, Symphoricarpus will thrive in a sunny spot, and is also tolerant of light shade. It spreads by suckering, quickly forming a dense thicket that provides a haven for wildlife such as nesting birds and pollinating insects, making invaluable for a low hedge.
Supplied as an established plant in a 3L pot, ready for immediate planting.
Planting Advice for Snowberry:
- Dig a planting hole 3 x wider than the roots of the shrub you're planting and mix some well-rotted compost or manure with the soil from the hole and use this to re-fill once the shrub is in place
- We've found that a square hole is better than a round one as the new roots, once they reach the edges tend to grow in a circle round the circumference of the hole whereas when they reach the corners of a square hole, they find it easier to grow through
- Before planting soak container-grown shrubs thoroughly and allow to drain
- Remove the plant from its pot and tease out a few of the roots
- Add Mycorrhizal fungi to the roots when planting to help plants establish quicker
- Place your shrub in the hole at the same level at the pot then refill the hole with the earth removed (backfilling)
- Firm in the soil with your heel, avoiding the root ball, and water well
Aftercare advice for Snowberry:
- Keep plants well-watered until established
Pruning Advice for Snowberry:
- Prune regularly to remove diseased and damaged parts of the shrub, remembering that pruning after flowering will remove the berries
- Remove suckers as they appear
- Ideal For: Beds/Borders/Hedging/Wildlife Gardens
- Flowers: July
- Fruit: September - November
- Position: Full Sun/Partial Shade
- Height/Spread: 2m x 2m
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy
- Supplied as: An established plant in a 3L pot, will reach approx. 2m x 2m after 10 years
- 1 x Plant
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.
- £5.99 P&P