Spathiphyllum Sweet Silver 14cm
An absolute favourite of ours, the Peace Lily has got to be one of the most reliable and versatile indoor plants that you can get.
With its beautifully glossy, dark green leaves and large white flower spathes that last for weeks, it's instantly recognisable as the ultimate houseplant and an absolute must have decoration for your home.
Blooming in spring, the flowers of 'Sweet Silver' are actually tiny, insignificant yellow bumps carried on a small floral spike and its actually the more noticeable, pure-white bracket (spathe) which is thought of as the flower. Perfect for indoor growing, the Peace Lily has been shown in NASA studies to clean and purify the air in your home - making the top 10 - filtering out pollutants and neutralising gasses such as carbon monoxide, benzene and formaldehyde. This makes it perfect for the bedroom, where it can help you get a better night's sleep!
Not only a beautiful houseguest, it's low maintenance and very easy to grow. Spathiphyllum helps you recognise when it needs a drink by gently drooping its leaves - then once watered it'll pick up within the hour! Marvellous!
Your Peace Lily will thrive in partial shade and will tell you if the light is too bright by developing curled yellow leaves or scorched leaves - so you just need to move it out of bright or direct light.
Supplied as an established plant in a 14cm pot, plants will eventually reach around 1m (3ft) high and around 50cm (20in) wide.
- Naturally, Peace Lilies grow in light shade under larger trees so thrive in similar conditions - out of bright light and in fertile, humous rich soil
- Plants thrive in high humidity, so during the summer, water and mist the plant frequently and stand in a gravel tray. In winter, reduce watering but never allow the soil to dry out. When misting, use distilled water
- Plants dislike chemicals, so if your water is highly chlorinated or very chalky use filtered water
- Avoid cold drafts and temperatures below 12°C (55F)
- Spritz the leaves every week with soft or distilled water throughout the summer growing season
- In summer use a multipurpose liquid feed, do not feed in winter
- 1 x Spathiphyllum Sweet Silver 14cm
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.