Spider Azalea Fuji 15cm Pot
With its narrow leaves and spidery flowers like miniature fireworks, this delightful, compact shrub will thrill you with its spring display.
The fragrant, spiky pink flowers are similar to that of the Cleome and have earned this type of Rhododendron the name Spider Azalea.
A bushy, evergreen shrub 'Fuji' is the original spider azalea and remains one of the best. Perfect for growing in a large container (remember to use ericaceous compost), just make sure that you feed and watered well and re-pot every couple of years.
Slightly more tender than its broader-leaved cousins we recommend growing this Azalea in a pot so that it can be brought under cover (or moved into the house as a pot plant) over winter.
- Azaleas can tolerate a more open site as long as they are sheltered from cold, drying winds and early morning sunlight.
- Mulch plants and water deeply and regularly during dryer periods from July onwards.
- Your Azalea should be planted slightly higher than it was in its pot into well-draining soil.
- Azaleas need an acidic soil with a pH of around 5.5 in order to thrive.
- Soils with pH higher than 5.5 should be acidified before planting or you can grow them in a container with ericaceous compost.
- Keep plants well-watered and apply a mulch to prevent the soil from drying out.
- Provide winter protection as it is more tender than other evergreen azaleas.
- Naturally compact and well-behaved, your plant requires little pruning apart from the removal of spent blooms, taking them off right after blooming and before any branching buds begin to grow.
- Any dead or damaged branches can also be removed at this point.
- Category: Trees & Shrubs/Flowering Shrubs
- Ideal For: Containers/Patio/Balcony/Small Gardens
- Flowers: March - April
- Position: Full Sun – Partial Shade
- Height/Spread: 50cm x 50cm
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy
- Supplied as: An established plant in a 15cm pot, ready to pot on
- 1 x Plant
Delivery and Returns
Ordered items are usually despatched within 7 to 10 working days.
Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.