Strawberry Continuity Kit 9cm (6 Pack) and 2 Planters
Pick pounds of deliciously sweet and juicy strawberries from your own garden with this collection of two top-quality, proven varieties.
Each one has been expertly selected to ensure that they will crop, one after the other, from early June right through until autumn so ensuring a plentiful supply of irresistibly juicy berries the whole summer long!? The varieties are easy to grow, proven to thrive in UK gardens and all have a wonderful taste
Delivered as 3 x each variety in 9cm pots, they are fully hardy and ready to be planted out straight away into the included 'Prisma' planters - although they can also be grown in the garden if you prefer.
This Strawberry Continuity Collection contains 3 each of the following varieties:
Cambridge Favourite (Fruits June)
Nothing compares to eating sweet, juicy and delicious strawberries picked from your garden, and Cambridge Favourite reliably produces bumper crops of medium-sized orange-red fruits throughout June just in time for Wimbledon! Each one has a deliciously sweet flavour and if you can resist eating them fresh from the plant, they are perfect for making jams and puddings. Each plant can produce up to 400g (1lb) of strawberries this June and more in subsequent seasons.
Buddy (Everbearer, Fruits July - October)
A recent introduction to everbearing strawberries, Buddy is taking the supermarket world by storm.
Producing big fruit with great taste, this is the sweetest of any everbearer to date (winning many taste-tests), hence its popularity with supermarkets.? And it is a great cropper too - commercial trials showed almost 1Kg per plant in year 2 and 3 (just over 2 pounds per plant).
Everbearing Strawberries are great for spreading strawberry fruit production out. Starting slightly later than the Wimbledon peak, they have a big yield in mid to late July, but then keep going through August - peaking again in September and continuing to crop until first frosts!
- Strawberry plants need a good six to eight hours of full sun a day for optimal fruit production, so plant somewhere sunny
- Strawberry containers should be watered daily and will need regular feeding (once a month until blooming) due to the limited amount of nutrients in the pot
- Water regularly to prevent the plants drying out. When watering, try not to get the fruit wet.
- Feed your strawberry pot at least once a month until flowering and then every ten days with a liquid feed that is high in potassium and low in nitrogen
- Fruit should be picked as soon as berries are red, if possible, in dry weather, taking care to leave the green stalk in place once fruit is picked
- Ideal For: Grow Your Own/Kitchen Garden/Containers
- Flowers: April - August
- Fruit: June - October
- Position: Full Sun
- Height/Spread: 20cm x 40cm
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy
- Supplied as: 6 plants in 9cm pots,3 each of 2 varieties:
- Cambridge Favourite (Fruits June)
Buddy (Everbearer, fruits July - October)
- Includes 2 x pink 'Prisma' planters
- Cambridge Favourite (Fruits June)
- 6 x Plants
- 2 x Planters
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.