Tower Pot & Wisteria Amethyst Falls - 15cm Pot & Blooming Fast Fertiliser - 100g
- £4.99 P&P
This is an ultra-compact variety of Wisteria from America that is perfectly suited to growing in UK gardens.
Unlike virtually all other varieties of Wisteria though, many of which can take up to five years to flower, Amethyst Falls will reliably flower in its first year when the flowers will pour like a river of lilac from this fantastic plant throughout May, filling the air with the perfume of spring flowers. Sometimes when conditions are just right and we have a particularly good run of fine weather, you'll find that Amethyst Falls will often produce a second flush of flowers in the summer giving you a bonus show of bloom.
In its early years it will remain compact and manageable and as such makes a brilliant patio plant perfect for growing in a pot. Eventually it will reach a height of 12-15ft and will spread to around 6ft if left un-pruned. However, it can be maintained at half this size and still yield masses of flowers every single spring from this year onwards!
- 1x Plant
- 1x Pot
- Ideal For: Pots/Climbing Plants
- Flowers: Apr-Jun
- Position: Sun
- Height/Spread: 300x200cms
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Although capable of rapid growth, wisterias are easily restricted by pruning and can even be trained as a small standard tree.
- As wisterias are long lived, site is important, so pick somewhere that your plant will be happy.
- Plants like moist but well-drained, humus-rich soil in sun or light shade. As blossom can be damaged by late frosts, it is advisable to plant in a sheltered spot.
- If growing on a wall, tie into horizontal wire supports, then once a permanent framework has been established ongoing pruning is simple - just prune back extension growths from the main branches to 4-6 leaves in late July or early August and then back to 3-4 buds in midwinter.
- Provide the twining stems with an appropriate and sturdy support, such as strong trellis or wires attached to walls and pergolas.
Delivery and Returns
Despatched within 10 working days. Please allow an additional 2-3 days for delivery.
Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made, unused and in its original packaging (unless otherwise specified in our full Returns Policy). Please click here for more information.