Tradescantia Blue & Gold Plugs (6 Pack)
Introducing the unique Spiderwort is a low-maintenance, easy-to-grow, hardy perennial with vibrant golden-yellow, grassy leaves and vivid, violet-blue flowers.
Useful for brightening up dark corners in the garden, and for adding zingy, colourful tones to the border, Tradescantia ‘Blue and Gold’ is a vigorous perennial that's happy in light shade so makes an invaluable addition to those harder-to-plant areas.
The golden leaves appear in spring after winter dormancy (plants are fully hardy to -15°C) followed by the delightful gentian-coloured, three petalled blooms in summer which give rise the spiderwort's other name of the 'Trinity Flower'.
Also known as 'Sweet Kate', it's great in a border among dark plants to provide a stunning contrast, and also compact enough that it can be grown in a pot, so you can grow this unusual plant without a garden - use it to brighten shaded areas of your patio, decking or balcony.
With a long blooming period, the flowers last only a day or so, but continue in succession from June to September, and attract butterflies too, which makes Tradescantia the perfect plant for using in a wildlife garden.
- Ideal For: Bed/Borders/Containers/Cottage Garden Style/Shady Areas
- Flowers: June - September
- Position: Partial Shade in moist, well-draining soil
- Height/Spread: 60cm x 60cm
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy
- Supplied as: A collection of 6 plug plants ready to pot up and grow on.
Aftercare Advice for Tradescantia ‘Blue and Gold’ Trinity Flower:
- Keep plants regularly watered.
- Remove faded flowers to prolong blooming.
Pruning Advice for Tradescantia ‘Blue and Gold:
- Plants respond well to pruning back to around 20cm if they get over-tall.
- To finish the season, one final chop to the ground in autumn will encourage new growth the following year.
- 6 x Plugs
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be dispatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere. Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it can be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days after delivery has been made (unless otherwise specified). Please click here for more information.