We understand there may be a time you wish to return an order – that’s why we’ve made it easy to return for a refund or exchange. We are proud to now be working with Asda and their amazing ‘toyou’ service, making it easier to return than ever before!
If the product is damaged/faulty or the wrong item has been sent to you and you require a replacement, please contact Customer Services to arrange the most suitable returns procedure. We also recommend that you keep your Despatch Note, or note the order number as you might need it as proof of purchase in the event of any after-sales queries.
ASDA toyou Free Service
If you wish to exchange the product for a different variant (e.g. size, colour, etc) please return the product to us and enclose the Returns Slip found on the Despatch Note shipped with the product, indicating the required size/colour/etc. The replacement will be sent free of charge.
If the product is damaged/faulty or the wrong item has been sent to you and you require a replacement, please contact Customer Services to arrange the most suitable returns procedure. When returning the item, please enclose the supplied Returns Slip giving details of the damage/fault. The product will be replaced or repaired and sent back to you free of charge. If no replacement stock is available, a refund will be issued. Please note that if you return goods to us that are found not to be faulty on inspection by us, we reserve the right to deduct the cost of collecting the item from you from any refund we make in respect of those goods.
If you want an immediate replacement, please contact Customer Services to process a new order. You will be charged for your new order and then refunded on receipt of your original item. Bulky/large items: Please contact Customer Services to arrange the most suitable returns procedure. Please note that you will have to pay for returning the item to us if you are cancelling your contract.
Customers are responsible for paying return postage (unless otherwise stated). Where you are returning a large or bulky item which cannot be returned by post, we can arrange collection of the item from you, but this will be at your cost. We may deduct this cost from the reimbursement we make to you for the goods. Please contact Customer Services if you wish to arrange a collection or to discuss return of an item.
Instructions for filling in the Returns Slip can be found on the Despatch Note. Once filled in simply tear off the slip and place in the parcel. Pack the parcel securely and attach the Returns Address Label to the front of the parcel.
In your parcel you will also find a returns label for our Asda toyou returns service.
Local ParcelShop drop off
Simply complete the returns form found in your order, package it with your item and then apply the enclosed toyou returns sticker to the outside of the package. Take your parcel to any ASDA Store or petrol station and drop off at the signposted toyou return point. You will receive a receipt which can then be used to track your parcel all the way to us!
Please note: maximum weight is 25kg and the maximum dimensions are 60 x 60 x 90cm.
Courier collection from your doorstep *
£2.99 (inc. VAT and insurance).
To arrange please go https://www.hermesparcelreturn.co.uk and follow the instructions.
Please note: this is not available in Channel Islands or Isle of Man.
Royal Mail returns
£2.99 (inc. VAT and insurance).
To arrange please go https://www.hermesparcelreturn.co.uk and follow the instructions.
Please note: this is not available in the Channel Islands or Isle of Man.
How to return using Collect+
To return via Royal Mail, simply peel off the returns address label from your despatch note and affix to your parcel.
Please note: this is not a pre-paid label and you will need to pay postage costs. You can then send from any post office. Remember to retain proof of postage for your records.
- Complete your returns advice note and include in your parcel.
- Peel off the Collect+ returns label and stick it on to your parcel.
- Take your parcel to any of the stores offering the Collect+ service. You can find your nearest store at http://www.collectplus.co.uk/.
- You will receive a proof of postage and a code so you can track your return online at https://www.collectplus.co.uk/dashboard/returns.
- Your refund will be processed on receipt of your returned parcel.
Conditions for using Collect+
- Parcels must be no larger than 50cm x 30cm x 30cm.
- Parcels should weigh no more than 10kg.
- Parcels must have the appropriate Collect+ label attached.
- You have 14 days from receipt or your parcel to return your items using your Collect+ label (this will expire after 14 days).
- Parcels that do not meet the above conditions will be rejected at the Collect+ point.
if your product is damaged or faulty or you have been sent the wrong item, please contact Customer Services
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have a consumer right to cancel your order and obtain a refund for any item purchased on this website (apart from the exceptions listed below) whether ordered over the telephone or internet.
You are entitled to cancel your contract if you wish provided that you exercise your right to cancel no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive your goods, or in the case of a multiple order, the last part of the order (other than any goods which you have pre-ordered which will have separate cancellation rights).
If you wish to cancel your order, you must inform us of your decision by a clear statement (e.g. a phone call, or letter sent by post or e-mail). Please also quote your order number when advising cancellation.
You should let us know that you wish to cancel before the cancellation period stated above has expired. If you want to put this in writing, this should be sent to us at Customer Services, Ideal Home House, Newark Road, Peterborough PE1 5WG or email [email protected]
If you cancel your order
- We will refund the price you paid for the goods for which you are cancelling (subject to certain possible deductions which are detailed in these terms), including the costs of delivery to you. However, please note that we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods if this has been caused by you handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop; for example if the goods have been used or parts are missing.
- We will process your refund as soon as possible and in any event not later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide satisfactory evidence that you have sent the goods back to us. If you cancel your contract before goods have been sent to you, we will process your refund no later than 14 days after the date you informed us about your decision to cancel your order.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction.
- We may withhold your refund until we have received the goods back or you have supplied satisfactory evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You should return the goods to us at your cost, following our Returns Procedure, or hand them to us at our address Ideal Home House, Newark Road, Peterborough, Cambridegshire PE1 5WG within 14 days of cancellation. You must take reasonable care of the products, and return them undamaged to us .We request customers to return the products with their original packaging and to ensure that the package is sufficiently robust to minimise the risk of transit damage. Please note that goods are returned to us at your risk and we may make a deduction from the reimbursement for goods that are returned to us damaged.
Please note: the right to cancel does not apply to certain products. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to goods that are faulty or not as described. These returns exceptions do not affect these consumer rights. For exceptions view "Returns Exceptions" tab below.
The following items are excluded from return under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014 and Ideal World’s 14 day money back guarantee.
- The supply of goods that are made to the customer's specification or are personalised - for example, a made to measure suit or pair of curtains, or a gift that has the recipient's name engraved on it.
- The supply of goods that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly - such as a delivery of fresh flowers or meat.
- Jewellery and watches that have had the security tag removed.
- The supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines. However, subscription contracts retain the right to cancel provided that the subscription has not commenced.
- The supply of accommodation, transport of goods, vehicle rental services, catering or services related to leisure activities if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance - for example, hotel bookings, courier services, car hire, restaurant bookings and theatre tickets for specific dates.
- In addition consumers will lose their right to cancel if they:
- Unsealed goods that are not suitable for return if they are unsealed, due to health protection or hygiene reasons (e.g. underclothing, shapewear, swimwear, intimate apparel and electrical items and items supplied with a hygiene strip at time of delivery that has had the strip removed.
- Unsealed audio, video recordings or computer software.
- Any goods combined with other goods after delivery so that they become inseparable.
- Digital downloads once the download has commenced.
- Partially consumed food or drinks (unless otherwise stated).
Please note: these return exceptions do not affect your rights as a consumer.
Need further assistance?
60 Night Trial
- All mattresses sold by Ideal Shopping Direct Limited (“Ideal”) are supplied with a “60 Night Trial”. Ideal agree to extend your right to cancel your order of a mattress for up to 60 days (commencing on the day of delivery to you) and will refund any monies paid (excluding PandP costs) after we have collected the mattress and we have received it back.
- For customers to benefit from this 60 Night Trial offer we ask that you unpack and check your mattress as soon as possible after it has been delivered. Please remove the mattress from its box, carefully remove all polythene wrapping and allow the mattress to unroll in an adequate space. Please retain the polythene wrapping in case you wish to return the mattress to us.
- Allow at least 24 hours for the mattress to take shape in a warm room. Once opened there may be a “new foam” smell which should dissipate within a few days.
- We would recommend that you fit a clean mattress protector to the mattress before sleeping on it.
- Sleep on your mattress for up to 60 nights.
- If you are happy with your purchase please dispose of all the packaging in a responsible manner and recycle if possible.
- If you're not happy with your mattress please contact our Customer Service number (08717 123456* 8.00am – 8.00pm daily) within the 60 day period and a member of our team will arrange for the mattress to be collected from you free of charge. Please note that you may be asked why you did not find the mattress satisfactory.
- Unfortunately we cannot accept a return where the mattress has been accidentally or otherwise damaged. By way of example this includes damage to the cover or core of the mattress or if the mattress has become soiled, wet or stained.
- When you receive your mattress, we recommend you open it straight away. Mattresses that are kept in their packaging for extended periods may not recover to size when opened.
- Remove all the packaging and give the mattress 24 hours to recover to size and air in a warm ventilated room. Any 'New Foam' odour will dissipate within a few days.
- We recommend you use a mattress protector with your mattress, it'll keep your mattress in good condition by protecting it from stains and, in turn, extend its life.
- Our Mattresses are 'No Turn' but can be rotated if required.
- Our Mattresses can be used with Bed Frames and Divan Bases. Please ensure you buy the correct mattress size for your bed.
- If you have an electric adjustable bed, please check with the bed manufacturer/retailer that the mattress is suitable.
- Memory foam is temperature sensitive and any excesses of temperature will affect the comfort of the mattress. Please don't allow your mattress to get too cold or too hot as the memory foam will harden. Don't position your mattress against a radiator.
- Mattresses are designed to be slept on. Don't allow your bed to become a trampoline. Jumping on the bed will cause damage to the mattress structure and core.
- If you have to move the mattress, always carry it flat or on its side. Never drag or fold the mattress to transport it as this will damage the cover and the core of the mattress.
- If you have to store a mattress away, always store the mattress flat, and do not attempt to bend or twist it. Always store in a warm dry, clean environment.
* Calls cost 13p per minute plus your phone companies access charges.