Welcome to the Ideal World website. These terms and conditions (which include other important hyper-linked sections such as Delivery Information, Returns Policy and our Privacy Statement) (Terms) apply to your use of this website at www.idealworld.tv/gb (the Website). By accessing this Website and/or placing an order, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
The Ideal Marketplace
Ideal Shopping Direct Limited operates “Ideal Marketplace” which will be available through our Ideal World website. The Marketplace allows Ideal to partner with a number of different and bespoke Retailers that advertise and sell their products through the Ideal World website. When you place an order for a product being sold by a Marketplace partner:
- the legal contract is made between you and the relevant Marketplace Retailer;
- you should also refer to any specific terms and product descriptions noted on the Marketplace Retailers product and/or page. Please note the remainder of the Ideal World T & C’s do not apply, you are contracting on the basis on the Marketplace retailers T & C’s;
- Ideal act as the payment provider and you authorise Ideal to process payment on behalf of the Marketplace Retailer;
- Although the Ideal customer services team will aim to assist you with any issues you may have, to the fullest extent permitted by law Ideal has no responsibility to you in respect of contracts made with Marketplace Retailers; and
- Ideal hereby disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by law any express or implied warranties in respect of the products sold by any Marketplace Retailer and cannot give any undertaking that goods you purchase from the Marketplace Retailer will be of satisfactory quality. This disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights against the Marketplace Retailer.
For details on how to return marketplace purchases, please see our Marketplace Returns Policy
Ideal World Terms & Conditions
- We may revise these Terms at any time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the Website and it is your responsibility to read the Terms on each occasion you use this Website and your continued use of the Website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest Terms.
- You will be able to access most areas of this Website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of this Website are only open to you if you register.
2. Ordering from us
- You are deemed to place an order with us by ordering via our online checkout process. As part of our checkout process you will be given the opportunity to check your order and to correct any errors. We will send you an order acknowledgement via email, detailing the products you have ordered. Please note that this email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from us.
- Your order is an offer to us to purchase the product specified in the order. Our acceptance of an order takes place when we dispatch the product. When we dispatch the product the purchase contract will be made even if your payment has not been processed immediately, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled your order. To view the order status, please go to your Customer Account section. Here you will be able to view whether or not your product has been dispatched.
- We may refuse to accept an order:
- where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment; or
- if there has been a pricing or product description error; or
- if you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in these Terms.
Order acceptance is subject to internal anti-fraud security checks which may result in the cancellation and refund of customer orders.
- It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights.
- For full details on delivery charges, please visit our Postage & Packaging page, and for information on estimated timescales for delivery, please visit Delivery Information. Information on these items will also be provided when you place your order with us.
- We make every effort to deliver products within the estimated timescales. However delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors.
- Risk of loss and damage to goods passes to you on the date when the goods are delivered.
- You can pay for your purchases online using PayPal, most major credit or debit cards, including Mastercard, Visa Credit Card, Visa Debit Card, Visa Electron, Solo, Maestro and American Express. We do not accept Corporate Link cards at present.
- On certain products we offer Flexi-pay, which allows you to spread the cost of the product (excluding postage and packaging) across 2, 3 or 4 monthly instalments, interest free. Flexi-pay instalments must be paid with a credit or debit card. At this time PayPal and Maestro Debit cards/pre-paid Cards are not supported for payment by Flexi-pay. For more information about Flexi-pay click on this link.
- To ensure that your credit or debit card or PayPal account is not being used without your consent, we will validate the name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these Terms, you consent to such checks being made. We confirm that any personal information that you provide to us is held strictly in accordance with the current data protection legislation and our Privacy Statement.
- We will take reasonable care to keep your order and payment details secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from this Website.
- The price you pay is the price displayed on this Website at the time we receive your order, apart from if we discover an error in the price of products you have ordered, when we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling it. If you cancel and you have already paid for the products, you will receive a full refund. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. While we try and ensure prices are accurate, our Website contains a large number of products and it is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the products on our Website may be incorrectly priced.
- Where we charge separately for packing and other relevant charges, the appropriate rates are set out in our specified pricing structure found within Delivery Information.
- All product prices are shown in £ sterling and are inclusive of VAT (Value Added Tax) (where applicable) at the current applicable rate but exclude delivery charges unless expressly stated otherwise.
- The ownership of any products you order shall pass to you on delivery of the products provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
- Orders from outside the UK or EU may be subject to import duties and taxes. All applicable duties, fees and any additional charges for customs clearance levied by the importing country at the time the shipment arrives in your country are your sole responsibility.
6. Cancellation and Returns policy
- For information about cancellation and returns, please click on this link to our Returns Policy.
- In the unlikely event that you receive faulty or damaged goods, please contact us at Customer Services as soon as possible. There is more information on our Returns Policy page regarding returning faulty or damaged items.
7. Intellectual Property
- You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in the software and all material or content on this Website (including without limitation photographs, graphical images, artwork, data compilations, audio and video material) shall remain vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
- You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may only download and print such material and content for the purpose of using this Website, including making a purchase. You further acknowledge that any other use of the material and content on this Website is strictly prohibited and you agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
8. Availability of Website
- While we try to ensure that this Website is available at all times, we will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair, for the introduction of new facilities or for reasons beyond our control.
9. Visitor material and conduct
- Other than personally identifiable information, which is covered under our Privacy Statement any material you transmit or post to this Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. We will have no obligations with respect to such material. We will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use such material and all data, images, sounds, text and other things embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- You are not allowed to (including aiding a third party to) interfere with our systems, restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of the Website for anyone else, nor are you allowed to use it for any activities that breach any laws, standards, content requirements or codes published by any relevant authority or circulate any material that is of a threatening, harmful, vulgar, abusive, obscene, unlawful, harassing or libellous nature.
10. Links to other websites
- To provide increased value and for the convenience of our customers we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion and risk. You acknowledge and agree that , as you have chosen to enter the linked website, we are not responsible for the availability of such external resources or sites, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable in any way, whether directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites; or (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources; or (iii) the use which others make of these websites; or (iv) for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused to you, arising from or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods, materials or services available on and/or purchased by you from such external websites or resources.
11. Registration, passwords and security
- To register with www.idealworld.tv/gb you must be aged 18 or over.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are true, accurate, current and complete. You can update your registration at any time at the Customer Account section of the Website.
- When you register to use this Website you will be asked to create a password. You must keep this password and your user name confidential and not disclose these or share them with anyone. Each registration is for a single user only.
- You are responsible for the security of your password and you will be responsible for all activities and orders that occur or are submitted under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password, you should contact us immediately.
- We may ask you to change your password, or suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion, if we believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Website, or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms.
- If you are registering as a customer over the telephone you need to supply us with a valid telephone number so that we can register you as a customer. Unless you allow it, no outbound marketing calls will be made to this telephone number. Please note, your telephone number is also a mandatory field when registering as a customer via this Website.
- While we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
- This Website is provided on an "as is" or “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including, but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatability, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with this Website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which, but for these Terms , might have effect in relation to this Website. We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted , timely, or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
- To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the products. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the goods you order are suitable for your purposes. This does not affect your legal rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your contract cancellation rights.
- Subject to clause 12.6 below, our liability to you (whether in tort, contract or otherwise) will be limited to the purchase price paid by you for the products plus any postage and packaging costs.
- Except to the extent set out in these Terms, we will not be liable in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise arising out of or in connection with these Terms for any:
- economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under these Terms
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the Terms by you, or your use of this Website, or the use by any other person using your registration details.
14. Age restricted products
- The purchase of certain products from us is subject to age requirements specified by law. We may not supply these products to individuals who do not satisfy the minimum age requirements and, if you are under the age specified by law, you must not attempt to purchase these products from us. In particular, age restrictions apply in the UK to the purchase of the products below. By placing an order for any of the following products you confirm that you (and, if different, the recipient of the product) satisfy the age requirements necessary to buy that product:
- Knives (including crafting knives, all kitchen/cutlery knives) or bladed articles - Knives and bladed items can only be purchased by, and for, individuals aged 18 and over.
- If you order age restricted products we may refuse to supply them to you if on delivery (or collection) you appear to be under the required age and cannot provide age verification. We may also make other checks (such as with a registered credit reference agency) to verify your age.
15. International Use
We do not warrant that materials/items for sale on the Website are appropriate or available for use outside the United Kingdom. It is prohibited to access the Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful. If you choose to access this Website from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
16. Miscellaneous provisions
- You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
- If any provision of these Terms is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
- Only the parties to these Terms may seek to enforce them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- If you breach these Terms and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation in which you breach these Terms.
- These Terms and the policies referred to in them are the only terms which apply to your use of the Website and the purchase of products from us via the Website. You acknowledge that you have not entered into this arrangement in reliance on any other statement, warranty or representation made by us or on our behalf.
- Any reviews of products posted on www.idealworld.tv/gb are the expression of opinions by individuals and do not represent our views.
17. Applicable law and jurisdiction
Our TV channels and the http://www.idealworld.tv/gb website are operated by Ideal Shopping Direct Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at Ideal Home House, Newark Road, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire PE1 5WG United Kingdom.
- Our company registration number is 01534758
- Our VAT registration number is GB 738 1640 28
- Our trading address is Ideal Home House, Newark Road, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire PE1 5WG United Kingdom
Alternative dispute resolution – ADR
If you have made a complaint and have exhausted all the options to resolve this through Ideal World, or you are not satisfied with the resolution we have provided, then you can access the Online Dispute Resolution platform by following this link: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/
Published: June 2020